This incredible Speed Cleaning Checklist helps zip through chores in a skinny minute!
What do you do when you find a few extra minutes in your life? If you are anything like me, you end up checking your phone for the seventh time (like I didn’t just check it 15 minutes ago). I recently came across a facebook discussion where people were discussing what you can get done in five minutes. I decided to take up the challenge and started to give my husband and son five minute jobs. Ha! I ended up tackling these quick jobs too!
Queen of the “Five Minute Job”
Waiting for the pasta to boil? Five minute job! Take out the trash, pick up the boxes in the garage and wipe down the counter.
Food heating up in the microwave? Five minute job! Clean up school supplies off the counter and fold the laundry.
Kids unloading the car of groceries? Five minute job! Throw out old food from the fridge and freeze anything you aren’t going to eat in the next day or two.
You get the idea. Any time there is a minor wait for something, challenge yourself to tackle a “five minute job!” You’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish!
In fact, we did so many quick jobs that I created a Speed Cleaning Checklist to serve as a guide!
What is a Speed Cleaning Checklist?
This checklist is not meant to be used as your day-to-day or weekly cleaning list. This is meant to be used with the concept of “I have 5-10 minutes. What can I get accomplished?” You can simply look at this list that is divided into areas of the house and see what needs to be done with the amount of time you have available.
It sounds crazy, I know, but I do have my poor husband trained (ha, ha!) to go “what can you do in five minutes? Just five minutes!” It really is amazing what you can get accomplished in such a short amount of time. It is crazy and you feel so accomplished! And don’t worry, you’ll be able to check your phone later – Facebook will still be there. I really can’t believe how much time I spent looking at my phone!
How to Use the Speed Cleaning Checklist
Like I mentioned, this is one that you will keep near the kitchen to have it handy when you find yourself waiting on something. Even put it on the refrigerator with a couple of cute magnets. When you have 5-10 minutes before you have to walk out the door to an appointment, look it over and see what can be done in each room. Send the kids on small jobs as well. Everyone can pitch in and at the end of the day and you’ll be able to keep your house looking great!
What other 5-10 Minute Jobs to Consider
This list is broken up by rooms to keep you organized, but maybe you want to look at other ideas? Here are other 5-10 minute jobs to consider!
- Empty the trash out of your car.
- Fold laundry.
- Put laundry away.
- Sort mismatched socks.
- Prep lunches.
- Stand at the trash and go through a magazine to save recipes.
- Write a note to a friend or a thank you card.
- Using a hand vac, vacuum the stairs.
- Make the bed.
- Wipe out drawers.
- Change the air filter.
- Replace the lightbulb that has been out for weeks.
- Vacuum entry way rugs.
- Go through school paperwork that is stacked in that bin area (yes, we all have them!)
- Go through the junk pile to throw out expired coupons.
- Get out those musty towels and try one of these techniques to get rid of the smell. Most of them can be done or prepped in under 10 minutes.
- Clean the junk drawer in the kitchen.
- Clean out the produce drawer in the refrigerator.
- Wipe out the microwave. Use any of these Natural Cleaning techniques!
- Water your plants.
- Pick up trash off your patio/deck.
- Wipe down the washer/dryer of the gunk.
- Empty dishwasher and run a vinegar wash through while you are out of the house.
- Wipe down baseboards.
Without too much thought, here are more than 20 quick jobs you could add to that list. The point is to get your brain working for Speed Cleaning.
Download the Speed Cleaning Checklist Printable
<<<Download the FREE Printable for Speed Cleaning Checklist>>> Personal Use Only
Be on the lookout for our upcoming Daily, Weekly and Monthly Cleaning Checklists to help you CUT THE GRIME!