Waking up to the rising sun as your smart blinds magically raise themselves might feel like the pinnacle of a futuristic, modern lifestyle. But this notion is actually more accessible than you might realize.
List of Best Smart Blinds for Your Home:
- Yoolax Motorized Roller Blinds
- SUNFREE Automatic Roller Shades
- Motorized Blackout Shades by Grandekor
- MySmartBlinds Automation Kit
What are some of the best smart blinds available on the market?
These high-quality polyester blackout shades are durable, wireless, and remote controlled. They are also compatible with Alexa, Google Home, and Siri. The shades are custom made-to-order to guarantee they perfectly match your window size.
They are available in 9 different colors and are waterproof. The motor runs silently and does not create a lot of noise while the blinds are rolling or unrolling. They are cordless and are powered with built-in rechargeable batteries. Installation is easy and only requires 4 screws and a screwdriver.
- Materials: Polyester
- 100% blackout
- Compatible with Alexa, Google Home, and Siri
- Custom made to order
- Easy install includes mounting kit and instruction manual
2. SUNFREE Automatic Roller Shades White 100% Blackout Roller Shades
These automatic roller shades are wireless and rechargeable. The built-in, rechargeable, aluminum alloy motor only requires one charge every three months. Each remote can be programmed to control up to 15 shades. The 100% blackout light-blocking design prevents any and all light from entering the room. These blinds are designed with high-quality, eco-friendly materials. They are easy to clean with a duster or a vacuum to eliminate dust and dirt build up. Includes motorized roller shades, USB wire, remote, user manual, and brackets and screws. The battery is rechargeable with a USB connection.
- Item weight per shade: Approximately 5 pounds
- 4 lithium ion batteries are included and rechargeable with a USB cord
- 100% blackout technology
- High-quality aluminum alloy electric motor
- Remote control can control up to 15 different blinds
- No assembly required, shades and blinds are already integrated
3. Motorized Blackout Shades by Grandekor
These 100% blackout shades use 100% guaranteed blackout technology to eliminate any UV rays from seeping through windows and also work as effective thermal insulators. They are available in black, grey, and white. The product is wireless and rechargeable and is controlled by a remote. The remote can be programmed to control up to 15 blinds at the same time. It is charged with a USB cable, and one charge lasts for an average of 3 months. The package includes 1 motorized roller shade, 4 brackets, 4 screws, 1 remote, 1 USB cable, and an instruction guide.
- Item weight: 2.34 pounds
- Material: polyester
- 100% blackout fabric
- Remote control
- Wireless rechargeable
- Silent motor
- Multi-channel capabilities
- Long standby time (1 charge lasts up to 3 months)
- Easy to clean
4. Blinds Automation Kit (Solar Powered) by MySmartBlinds
This kit enables you to transform ordinary blinds into smart automated window blinds. It uses Bluetooth to convert traditional corded blinds into smart blinds in just minutes. It is voice activated and compatible with Alexa and Google assistant. One of its biggest perks is that it is solar powered and harnesses its energy from the sun to keep the battery charged. Users can track the battery levels and solar consumption via the corresponding application which can be accessed through a smartphone. The built-in temperature sensors help to save time, energy, and money. You can set how hot or cold you want your room to get before your blinds automatically adjust to the temperature.
- Item weight: 1.41 pounds
- 1 Lithium ion battery is included
- Solar powered
- Bluetooth compatible
- Temperature sensors enable energy saving mode
- Alexa and Google assistant compatible
The on-board memory motor stores all of your set preferences and schedules so that your blinds continue to operate according to your settings even when you are out of Bluetooth range. The kit includes a motor box, a battery pack, manual switch, rod adapters, cable clips to manage cords, rubber tubing ends, and a solar panel.
What are the benefits of installing smart blinds in your home?
Homes are becoming more and more high-tech with the introduction of smart technology products. These products are designed to make our lives more easy, convenient, and less hands-on. The positive effects of this result in us having more time to devote to more important things around our homes, and spending less time fiddling around with mundane tasks each day. A growing number of homeowners are making the transition from traditional blinds to smart blinds as they realize the many benefits and conveniences that they offer.
Smart blinds offer a plethora of conveniences to any household. The likes of which may surprise anyone who has not dug into researching the benefits of smart blinds. Some of the major benefits of equipping your home with smart blinds include:
- Energy Savings: When smart blinds are connected to a smart home hub, it can help minimize the amount of energy your HVAC system uses because the smart blinds are designed to react independently to sunlight and temperature readings connected to the system. This means the blinds will know when to open and close depending on sunlight and heat levels, thus allowing natural sunlight to heat a room naturally. This saves money on energy expenditure by allowing the natural heating to take over when appropriate. Automated window coverings are proven to reduce solar gain and prevent heat loss.
- Convenience: Smart blinds operate by the simple touch of a button or via an app on a smartphone. The blinds can also be set on an automatic schedule which means you don’t even have to think about them.
- Can be integrated into a smart home system: The blinds can be integrated into your Google Assistant, Siri, or Alexa technology. This means you can control blinds simply by voice command. Integrating the blinds into your homes existing smart home hub only further simplifies your everyday mundane tasks, giving you more time each day to dedicate to things you enjoy doing around the house and spending less time with mundane tasks.
- Accessibility: Smart blinds are a great option for hard-to-reach or ultra-high windows. No ladders or step stools are necessary when blinds can be controlled remotely.
- Child safety: Smart blinds operate without cords which creates a safer environment for pets and kids.
Smart technology is still fairly new and there are quite a few kinks left to be worked out before it is flawless and regarded as a normal part of the majority of households. However, the following smart blinds have been tried and tested by countless users who found them to be significant upgrades to their household. Each one offers something unique and slightly different from the others, so we advise you to read through each description extra carefully to find the one that is the best fit for your home.
Smart Blinds Wrap Up
Finding the right smart blinds technology for your household is a great way to save money and time while adding some functional and futuristic flair to your home. From remote controlled to voice controlled and more, the smart blinds technologies are available in a range of different features and prices. Do some further digging in the links of each one of our smart blinds recommendations to find the best one for your household.